Google announced Android 12 Go Edition for ultra-budget smartphones
Since 2017, Google has started releasing a light version of Android for low-cost smartphones with weak technical characteristics. This version (Android Go Edition) works quickly due to the reduced number of functions and software optimization. Application developers can release separate versions for the Android Go Edition to ensure a smoother experience. As a result, according to Google, the number of daily active users of Android Go has already reached 200 million.
Now let’s talk in more detail about what became known about Android 12 Go Edition:
- Google has done a great job of increasing the interface speed and has 30% faster application launch times compared to Android 11 Go Edition.
- Added a new privacy panel that combines all privacy settings. Added management of application permissions, as well as a warning about any calls to the clipboard.
- There is now a built-in function for translating and dubbing page content.
- Added sleep mode for applications. This helps conserve battery power because rarely used apps are automatically put to sleep. Implemented the ability to recover files within 30 days.
- Added applications sharing via Nearby Share or Google Play without the need to spend traffic to download it.
- A simplified version of sharing a smartphone through the guest mode has appeared.
- Updated interface design according to Android 12 guidelines.
When will Android 12 Go Edition arrive on the first smartphones? This is to be expected in 2022. So far, no one has named a more exact date.