Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 Processor Finally Announced
The new Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 has received many optimizations and improvements. Thanks to this, performance increased by 10% in both the CPU and graphics chip, and power consumption was reduced by 30%. And this despite the fact that the processor architecture remained unchanged the same as in the predecessor Snapdragon 8 Gen 1.
Performance Improvement: Graph Comparison
On May 20, at the presentation Qualcomm announced a new and improved Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 chipset. We were told about what improvements and optimizations were implemented in the new product, and backed it up with numbers and graphs.
The processor speed was increased by increasing the peak frequency to 3.2 GHz.
Features of Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1
- Process: 4nm TSMC
- CPU: Prime core Cortex-X2 overclocked to 3.2GHz, Gold cores @ 2.75GHz, Silver cores @ 2.0GHz
- RAM: LPDDR5 (3,200MHz) до 16 ГБ
- Storage: UFS 3.1
- Display: QHD+ up to 144Hz or 4K up to 60Hz, 10-bit HDR
- Camera (photo): 200 MP, special engine for working out the bokeh effect, various improvements in streaming image processing (multi-frame noise reduction, staggered / DoL HDR, etc.), support for HLG, HDR10 and Dolby Vision formats.
- Camera (video): 8K@30fps or 4K@120fps.
- 5G: Snapdragon X65 modem with up to 10Gbps peak speed
- Wi-Fi 6/6E
- Bluetooth 5.3 includes aptX Lossless and Bluetooth LE Audio
Qualcomm says Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 smartphones and tablets could be announced in the third quarter of 2022. They also say that there are a lot of manufacturing companies that are already working on new devices with this chipset: Asus ROG, Black Shark, HONOR, iQOO, Lenovo, Motorola, Nubia, OnePlus, Oppo, OSOM, realme, Red Magic, Redmi, vivo, Xiaomi and ZTE.
We can only follow the announcements and wait for official presentations from these companies.